Simultaneous Wireless-N Dual-Band Support
- The Apple Airport Extreme is based on the Wireless-N (IEEE 802.11n) specification and it uses multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) to transmit multiple data streams simultaneously--resulting in data transfer speeds up to five times those of 802.11g wireless networks while also providing up to twice the range. It's compatible with Mac computers, PCs, and wireless devices such as iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch that use 802.11a, 802.11b, or 802.11g technologies.
- Mac + PC
- Additionally, some Wi-Fi devices use the 2.4 GHz wireless band (such as the iPhone, iPod touch, and other devices using 802.11b/g). And other devices can use both the 2.4 GHz spectrum as well as the higher speed 5 GHz spectrum--such as 802.11n-based Mac computers and Apple TV.
- The Airport Extreme operates simultaneously on both bands, without you having to choose one spectrum over the other--enabling your Wi-Fi devices to receive optimal performance in speed and range. Plus, devices that can connect to the Airport Extreme on either band will automatically use the best available band.
- See how the Airport Extreme delivers fast wireless networking to any home or small business.
- In addition to Wi-Fi networking, the AirPort Extreme Base Station includes three Gigabit Ethernet ports for fast wired connectivity with desktop computers, network drives, and more.
- Airport Utility
- Airport Utility on the Mac.
Launch AirPort Utility and you're just a few short steps away from creating the ultimate Wi-Fi environment. Mac users can access the AirPort Utility located in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder, while Windows users can access AirPort Utility by selecting Start > All Programs > AirPort.
Guest Networking Capabilities
Allow guests to use your Internet connection without sharing your password or giving them access to the rest of your network. Simply enable the guest networking feature using the AirPort Utility application and create a separate Wi-Fi network just for your friends. You can set up this guest network with a different password or with none at all. Your primary network--including your printer, attached drives, or other devices--remains secure.
Sharing a Hard Drive
- The AirPort Extreme can turn an external USB hard drive into a drive you can share with all the users on your network and access securely over the Internet. This feature--AirPort Disk--is a simple and convenient way to share files among everyone in your family, office, or class.
- Just connect the external hard drive to the USB port on the back of your AirPort Extreme and all the documents, videos, photos, and other files on the drive instantly become available to anyone on the secure network--whether they use a Mac or a PC.
With its wireless printing capabilities, you can plug a printer into the AirPort Extreme, add it to the printer list on your Mac or PC, and start printing--all without a cable tethered to a computer. AirPort Extreme uses the Mac- and PC-compatible Bonjour networking technology to let everyone on the network take advantage of one centrally available printer.
If you want to share a hard drive as well as share a printer across a network, you can connect a USB hub to the AirPort Extreme and attach your devices to the hub. Share both a printer and a hard drive, multiple printers, multiple hard drives, or a combination.
- One Gigabit Ethernet WAN port for connecting a DSL or cable modem
- Three Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports for connecting computers or network devices
- USB 2.0 port for connecting a USB printer or USB external hard drive
- 802.11n wireless
- Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA/WPA2)
- Wireless security (WEP) configurable for 40-bit and 128-bit encryption
- MAC address filtering
- NAT firewall
- Support for RADIUS authentication
- 802.1X, PEAP, LEAP, TTLS, TLS, FAST
- Time-based access control
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz simultaneously
- Interoperable with Wi-Fi Certified 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, or 802.11n enabled Mac computers, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Windows-based PCs
- NAT, DHCP, PPPoE, VPN Passthrough (IPSec, PPTP, and L2TP), DNS Proxy, SNMP, IPv6 (6to4 and manual tunnels)
Size and Weight
6.5 x 6.5 x 1.3 inches (LxWxH)
What's in the Box ?
AirPort Extreme Base Station, power supply with cord, printed documentation
Price : $1700.00